Hi,

I would like to use the net/ssh gem to connect to an ssh server, execute
a command, and send data to the command's standard input. So far I've
managed to do this using the on_data callback:

ch.exec "mycommand" do |ch, success|

ch.on_data do |ch, data| #Wait for invitation on std-out and send
message on std-in
     output << data
         if input != nil then
             ch.send_data(input.gsub("\n","\r")+"\n")    #Fix to prevent
multi line data from ending the data stream, append newline

However, this is slightly suboptimal - it means that the listening
script has to send something to standard out before I can send data to
it's stdin. Does anyone have clue how this can be implemented without
using the on_data callback?

Kind regards,

Dawa

--