Thomas Sawyer wrote:
> On Feb 28, 5:42pm, Matt Bleh <phreakuenc... / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've started using GitHub and I really liked the idea of the rdoc.info
>> web-hook (which generated ruby documentation after every commit). The
>> problem is that I thought rdoc.info was actually for RDoc documentation,
>> but it's for YARD.
>> Do any of you know of a similar server which could host RDoc
>> documentation? Or any simple and free hosting service that would let me
>> publish rdoc's html files with a web-hook from github?
>
> You can host your RDoc on GitHub. Just generate your rdocs to a
> project directory --I use doc/rdoc/, then use the grancher gem to push
> them to a gh-pages branch. If you want to have a website too, say in
> the site/ directory, then ln -s ../doc/rdoc site/rdoc, and add an <a
> href="rdoc"> in your webpage. And use grancher on the site/ directory
> instead. Your rdoc will be available at
> http://youraccount.github.com/yourproject/rdoc.

Well, that's good to know. In any case, what I liked about the service
hook is that you don't need to remember to update the documentation
manually every time.
Also, for some reason, my project's page never gets published, so I
can't rely on that (my user page is publish though).

Maybe for the time being I'll use rdoc.info (since actually YARD is
kinda compatible with RDoc comments, but not fully) for that reason.