On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Siep Korteling <s.korteling / gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> Eric Christopherson wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM, John Pasqa <jasello098 / gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> ok, i'm writing a ruby program that interprets some text and does stuff
>>> with it, but thats not what i'm here to ask about.
>>> What I want to know is how would I make it so the user can right-click
>>> and open a file with my program. Just like how if you right click a .rb
>>> file you can run it with the ruby MRI. All I need is to get the text in
>>> the file into a variable in the program when the user opens it. Any
>>> suggestions?
>>
>> Assuming you're using Windows, you will most likely have to edit the
>> registry entry for the file type you want to open with your script.
>
> Open explorer, menu Extra --> Folder options --> tab File types, select
> the file type, for instance .txt --> =A0advanced --> new
>
> Under "action" type a name
> The other textfield should propably something like
> path\to\ruby.exe path\to\your_progam.rb %1

Siep, I was about to suggest the same thing, except when I tried it,
it said it couldn't find the Ruby executable. It turned out that I
needed to put quotes around the Ruby pathname (since it has spaces on
my machine).