On 27.02.2010 17:18, Claus Folke Brobak wrote:
> Benedikt Mler wrote:
>> If I understand you right, haml[1] is the right thing for you!
>
> After a brief look at HAML, I am not so sure you are right. :-)
>
> The nice thing about writing a text file i RDoc format is that the text
> file is very readable in itself. I write a lot of documents in text/RDoc
> format, then later publish them in HTML format.
>
> I find using the same format for writing Ruby program documentation and
> stand-alone documents very handy. The reason for asking about YARD is
> that it has some nice features for specifying method parameters and
> return values in Ruby program comments.

Looking at the architecture diagram I doubt it: it seems you always
store content in the repository and documentation is generated from
there.  It seems this is not as simple as generating output directly.

http://yardoc.org/docs/yard/file:docs/Overview.md

Did you consider Textile or Markdown?

http://redcloth.org/

http://tomayko.com/writings/ruby-markdown-libraries-real-cheap-for-you-two-for-price-of-one