Hi Charles,

your trying to please everyone. This is not going to work (IMHO).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors

Here is a list. You can join all mailinglists and ask people what they
like and dislike. Or join their irc rooms.

Eg Vim is a great editor. I'd even say perfect if it wasn't bad at
talking to external processes. (I'm going to fix this though..)
Also the default Vim scripting language VimL isn't very fast.
Keep in mind that it was invented before Ruby, Python etc existed.
At at that time it was very cool.

> as possible without requiring folk to hack on C++.
The big question is: Why do they start hacking at all?
What features are they missing?

Eg I prefer using vi keys over nice API's because they make me
productive every day.

Good luck - I don't think I can help you any further - I told you what
is important to me.
Marc Weber