Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

On 25/02/2010 08:53, Marc Weber wrote:
> Jedit can be scripted in various languages. I bet they have JRuby
> support.
>
> Vim can be scripted in Ruby.

Are you saying these offer model API's that we should take a look at? I
already know Vim is a strong influence on the project. RedCar also
offers scripting via Ruby.

> Writing an editor is a non trivial task.

Agreed.

> And I would not ask what API do you dream of.
> I'd ask: Which features do you need and how to get them.

The features are already there - this isn't a new editor. What we're
doing is looking at how to make the editor flexible, extensible and fun
as possible without requiring folk to hack on C++. But this isn't about
the editor itself, as such, but rather about the API: what do people
feel makes a great API for a text editor. Or, put another way, what are
the strengths/weaknesses of other API's, Ruby or not, you may have used.

Cheers,
Charles