I just ran into this exact problem. I fixed my particular problem. Here
is what I did.

I found that I could compile some scripts (even complex ones) but not
others. I finally realized what the problem was. It appears ocra can't
handle if your script changes the working directory in the script. I
believe orca should save the directory it is run in and then reference
that directory but it apparently assumes the directory you start your
script in is the same directory when it finishes. In my case, I am
changing the directory.

in my case, I can reproduce this issue with the following code.

#start of script
puts Dir.pwd
dir = "d:/" #Dir.pwd produces "c:\" so I changed to another drive
(another directory will produce same result)
Dir.chdir(dir)
puts Dir.pwd
puts "script complete"
#end of script

I am not by any means an expert Ruby developer so I'm sure much of my
nomenclature isn't correct but this is what I did to fix my problem.

thanks,
Domenic