Roger Pack wrote:
>> I'm not clear what you mean by an example other than what I put in the
>> original note.
>

> Do you have a small example (like your original) that throws an
> exception where you "use it on strings later of type UTF-8" and it
> throws an exception?

No I don't.  I *think* that I might have had a string that was not
utf-8.  I was fetching strings from a file and just doing a
force_encoding because they were suppose to be utf-8 but maybe they were
not.

I'm not sure.  Let me see if I can make an example.  My trivial examples
so far don't throw an exception.