On Feb 24, 2010, at 01:14 , Claus Folke Brobak wrote:

> Thomas Sawyer wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 5:11am, Claus Folke Brobak <c... / jndata.dk> wrote:
>>> Has development of RDoc stopped?
>>> What do you use for generating documentation of your Ruby programs?
>>
>> I use RDoc 2.4.3 but via WebRI. Others use Yard.
>
> Generally, I am worried about the future of RDoc:
>
> - Will RDoc continue to be part of the Ruby Standard Library?

absolutely

> - Is RDoc still actively developed?

Rdoc is alive and well. It is maintained by Eric Hodel. The gem is far beyond what ships in 1.8. 1.9 ships a couple revs behind the gem.

> - RDoc future plans?

Eric's latest sprint was to improve the rdoc parser so it was much faster, lighter on memory, and thoroughly tested.

I don't know what else he has in mind for it at this time.

> - Why are people starting to use YARD?

good question.