Claus Folke Brobak schrieb:

>Thomas Sawyer wrote:
>

>>On Feb 23, 5:11am, Claus Folke Brobak <c... / jndata.dk> wrote:
>>

>>>Has development of RDoc stopped?
>>>What do you use for generating documentation of your Ruby programs?
>>>

>>I use RDoc 2.4.3 but via WebRI. Others use Yard.
>>

>Generally, I am worried about the future of RDoc:
>
>- Will RDoc continue to be part of the Ruby Standard Library?
>- Is RDoc still actively developed?
>- RDoc future plans?
>- Why are people starting to use YARD?
>
>I am working for a company and we cannot just switch documentation tool
>from one project to the next, so I am really looking for some degree of
>assurance that we are using the right tool. Preferably a tool which is
>part of the Ruby Standard Library.
>
>Claus

Then make yourself independent from language specific,
html documentation tools.

I am using docbook in Jeszra. Jeszra also generates RDoc (pydoc)
comments, when creating
ruby (python) classes.

Here is an overview of DocBook generation in Jeszra:
http://jeszra.sourceforge.net/jeszra/Jeszra_DocBook.html

The end-structur of a Docbook document (or DITA as an alternative) is
controlled
by your docbook toolchain --the main workload for tools such as RDoc.
Converting the RDoc comments into a docbook document is simple in
comparision
to the structur generation part in RDoc.

So use the RDoc tags to make Docbook documents from them.

-roger