news:DKEMKMBKGIAIEKKBJOPOKEIFCGAA.rich / infoether.com...
> My only concern with with this from their readme file:
>
> "The Windows SDK components and Microsoft Foundation Classes are not
> included in the 11.0c update. If you wish to do Windows programming you
are
> required to have a prior version of Watcom C/C++ 11.0, especially for MFC
> support. Watcom C/C++ 10.6 may work, but this has not been tested."
>
> Seems like they are phasing out (shipping) support for win32 APIs.

Not at all. We can't ship any 3rd-party files that are not 100% owned by
Sybase.
11.0c is just an upgrade for 11.0, 11.0a, 11.0b owners.
Having said that, out-of-the-box you can build 16-bit DOS targets
And if you look at the OpenWatcom newsgroup, you will find that those
without 11.0, 11.0a, 11.0b have managed to build 32-bit DOS, 32-bit OS/2 and
Win32 programs after a few hurdles to overcome.

It is OpenWatcom 1.0 that we are planning to overcome the hurdles so that
out-of-the-box all the targets can be built but of course, legally.

> So whereas this compiler should work to build Ruby it will not directly
> support the building of Win32 extensions that leverage the Win32 API set.

If you download the Microsoft Platform SDK, I know of people that are having
no problems producing Win32 programs

Stephen Howe [TeamSybase], also OpenWatcom developer