--00032555b95a21e5be04804d2cd7

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Yotta Meter <spam / joeandjody.com> wrote:

> Richard, thanks for the reference on Dust, I'll be sure to check it out.
> My concern is that as a wrapper around Test::Unit, I'll end up with the
> same performance issue as before.
>
> That all being said, we are dealing with large object association that
> are unique to our system. When we simulate our ASIC with vendor software
> it takes approximately 100G of memory on a 64-bit system. I'm attempting
> to build front end checks that would verify structure before the large
> simulation occurs.

Handling large volumes of tests is not out of scope for Test::Unit - there
are sites
out there that run far more than 10,000 tests. To make their test run
perform well,
they use chunking + virtualization strategies. Farming off a subset of the
test
execution to different machines. The setup cost might make this prohibitive
in your
case.

Hudson is a continuous integration server that doesn't seem to get much love
in
Ruby circles, even though it has basic support for master/slave
relationships
(poor mans build cloud) which might get you the bang for buck that you need.

--
http://richardconroy.blogspot.com

--00032555b95a21e5be04804d2cd7--