From: Axel <a99.googlegroups.a99 / dfgh.net>
Subject: Re: Tk on Windows and Mac OS X 10.6
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:15:07 +0900
> One more thought, on my feeling from what I read in this newsgroup
> about Ruby/Tk on Windows:
> _Until_ a very good solution is available, I think, it would be good
> to have a clear description on how to install Ruby/Tk on Windows,
> using for example ActiveTCL, and having binaries for download.

Of course, if you can, it is the best way to install Tcl/Tk (and Ruby)
on your environment. I never think to change current standard relation
between Ruby and Tcl/Tk libraries.

I think that most of troubles on installation of a binary distribution
depend on:
(1) install wrong version (not supported by tcltklib.so) of Tcl/Tk.
(2) "Path" environment variable doesn't include the folder of Tcl/Tk
    libraries.

Tcl/Tk stubs are usually effective. But sometimes, it generates errors
by uncertain reason.

# On a linux box, I get such errors.
# tcltklib.so with stubs made for Tcl/Tk8.4 doesn't work for Tcl/Tk8.5,
# but works for Tcl/Tk8.6.
# And os the same box, the one made for Tcl/Tk8.5 doesn't work for 8.6.

If can, it is better to distribute 3 version (for Tcl/Tk8.4, 8.5, and
8.6) of tcltklib.so.