Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2010/2/19 Raul Jara <raul.c.jara / gmail.com>:
>> from /opt/local/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'
>>

>> Which is a little counter intuitive.
>
> Not for me.  The concatenation is done at parse time.  Your
> "whitespace concatenation" is done at runtime.
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert

I guess I find it counter intuitive to have such different behaviors
parse time vs. run time.  If it isn't suppose to be a behavior of
strings that you can stick one next to another and have them
concatenate, then my brain has a hard time understanding why the parser
should treat them as though they do have that behavior?