From: Axel <a99.googlegroups.a99 / dfgh.net>
Subject: Re: Tk on Windows and Mac OS X 10.6
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:12:08 +0900
> That's true. Would OCRA solve this problem?

Maybe. My plan is not only one. It's one of the solutions.

> > I think that a monolithic tcltklib.so library is one of the solutions
> > to avoid such kind of troubles.
> > # way, we can get a single executable file include all environment.
>
> Sounds to me like a very good solution; but sounds like very difficult
> and time-consuming, too.

Probably, not easy. But it will not so difficult as you think.
By using Tclkit and some experiments, I've already succeeded to make
a tcltklib.so merged a Tcl/Tk environment and create a TclTkIp object
with Tk (of course, the version of Tcl/Tk is the one of the merged) on
Ruby with the tcltklib.so.

> > > And, from the licences, would it be allowed to freely distibute these
> > > binaries?
> I meant, for example, I've compiled Ruby/Tk with mingw, for a certain
> version of Ruby and TK; would it be allowed to give these files to
> everybody by download? Or, do you know, are there licence issues which
> don't allow or restrict this?

Although I'm not well informed about licences, I think that you can
distribute the package or binary with the same restrict as the Tcl/Tk
package or binary created by Tclkit or Starkit.