> On your environment only or machines under your control, it's no problem.
> As you say (me too), it is the best way to use Ruby (and Ruby/Tk).
> However, if you must run your application on other environment
> without proper version of Tcl/Tk, you may have some troubles.

That's true. Would OCRA solve this problem?

> I think that a monolithic tcltklib.so library is one of the solutions
> to avoid such kind of troubles.
> # way, we can get a single executable file include all environment.

Sounds to me like a very good solution; but sounds like very difficult
and time-consuming, too.

> > And, from the licences, would it be allowed to freely distibute these
> > binaries?

I meant, for example, I've compiled Ruby/Tk with mingw, for a certain
version of Ruby and TK; would it be allowed to give these files to
everybody by download? Or, do you know, are there licence issues which
don't allow or restrict this?

Axel