Lyle Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Alex DeCaria
> <alex.decaria / millersville.edu> wrote:
>
>> Forgive the post to this forum. ?The FXRuby forum doesn't seem to be
>> very active.
>
> Not sure what forum you're talking about, but as noted on the FXRuby
> home page, we have a mailing list for questions like these:
>
>     http://www.fxruby.org/community.html
>
> I'm pretty sure you didn't post there (or maybe I just missed this
> question).
>
>> 64-bit OS.
> I've already seen your follow-up e-mail, but yes, it appears to be a
> difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. This may be something
> that can be fixed in the FOX library; it's not really anything that
> can be addressed in the FXRuby layer.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Lyle

Thanks Lyle - I was talking about the FXRuby Forum list on this site
http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/35.  I had posted a question there a
week or so ago with no hits (doesn't look like there is much traffic
there anyway).  I solved that one anyway.

I didn't know about the www.fxruby.org forum.  I'll make more use of
that in the future.  I'm trying to get away from Tk and use more FXRuby.

Thanks also for the reply. I can live with the error messages as long as
it works correctly, which it seems to.

May I ask an additional question?  Is there a away when using an
FXDirDialog to have the directory that is set with the dialog.directory
command automatically expand the directory so you can see the
subdirectories?.  My dialog puts the target directory at the bottom of
the dialog box, and then I have to click to expand it, and then scroll
to see the contents.  It would be nice if it was expanded automatically,
and placed near the top of the box so you don't have to do the extra
click and scroll.

--Alex