On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:39:59PM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> > Do you mean something like a single executable that downloads and
> > install the .rpk of rpkg itself?  I like that.
>
> Basically, yes. Installing the packager should ideally be as simply as
> downloading one thing, unpacking it, and issuing a single command.

I will look into this, it is something that bugged me as well when
assembling the .tar.gz.  As I wrote in the previous message, I'm just
not sure about the priority.  You folks would rather have
bootstrapping, dependency resolution (i.e. you ask for a package and
dependencies get installed, too), or C extensions handling first?

Massimiliano