Robert Klemme wrote:

> Hmmm, might be that you have an issue because your child's child is
> attached to your ruby process once the starter process stops.  There is
> a whole range of other possible issues causing this which is hard to
> sort out given the little information we have.  Did you take proper
> measures to demonize your child process after fork?
>
> Kind regards
>
>   robert

I didn't take any measure to daemonize  the child... Now I have done it
(a call to setsid and few other things, I used the example at
http://www-theorie.physik.unizh.ch/~dpotter/howto/daemonize) and it's
working perfectly.

My mistake was assume that it would work from ruby if it was working
fine from the shell or even from another C++ program.

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Pierre