On Feb 17, 7:36   ᮮwrote:
> Just installed Ruby 1.9 and tried to run one of my TK applications that
> works using Ruby 1.8.      ˧
> 1.9.   ˧

The Tk bindings in RubyInstaller has not been included.

The reason for that is simple: finding the proper Tk package, manage
to automate the unpacking and verify that Ruby does the good job in
picking it up during compilation takes time.

All the above thing is what we call a build recipe. At this time,
nobody wrote it. But I'm open to add extensions if someone takes the
stab and create the recipe *using rake tasks) to build it.

The repository is here:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/

Once implemented and tested, just send a pull request and will get
those changes tested and then merged.

Is extremely important the Tk package Ruby will links against could be
unpacked, *not installed*. Installation sometimes requires certain
levels of right that some users don't have when working with the build
recipes.

Also, because the recipes should document the process, not hide a
dependency or specific of a version outside the repository.

Hope this shed some light on this.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena