Chris Hulan wrote:
> I followed the instructions in install.txt and it Just Worked!
>
> Well the compile threw a bunch of warnings and the ended with a
> message
> about an error... but I was able to run the code for the dialog so I
> think you
> can ignore that
>
> cheers

Chris:

SUCCESS!  I installed Ruby 1.9 and vrswin090207, and your code works as
advertised.  Apparently it can't be done with Ruby 1.8 and/or the older
version of vrswin.

One final question.  Do you know how I can have the FileDialog open to a
predetermined directory, instead of the directory where the program is
started?  That's the last key to my puzzle.  I tried using a
Dir.chdir(mydirectory), but that didn't seem to work.

--Alex