I find it frustrating when using "ri" to look up documentation on a
class, only to find the method I'm curious about is not listed.

As an example: String objects have many more methods than are explained
in the documentation for String (example: String.grep). When you run
"ri" on String.grep, you get "Nothing known about String.grep". This is
apparently because the grep method was inherited from another class.

Is there any way to have ri automatically check the documentation of
parent classes if no documentation is found for a method of a particular
object? Or is there a better way to access Ruby's documentation than "ri
Class.method"? I don't want to have to do detective work to look up a
simple method...