On Feb 17, 4:17=A0am, Alex DeCaria <alex.deca... / millersville.edu>
wrote:
> I want to try out Ruby 1.9, but don't want to go whole hog since I have
> a lot of programs that run just fine with 1.8. =A0I also use RMagick,
> which seems not to work with 1.9 yet.
>
> Can I have both versions of Ruby installed in the Windows environment,
> but have 1.8 be the default for running Ruby programs? =A0Are there any
> tricks or tips for doing this? =A0I'm worried about conflict/errors that
> may arise.

Just download RC2 version of RubyInstaller for 1.9:

http://rubyinstaller.org/

It will install by default into "Ruby19" at the root of your system
drive (generally C:)

By default, it will not change the settings of your environment, and
you can start it from the customized command prompt shortcut that is
created inside All Programs menu.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena