Eric Christopherson wrote:
> I just installed ActiveTcl, on my home machine this time, and I don't
> see any Ruby-specific files in its directory hierarchy. After
> rebooting, requiring 'tk' again yielded "LoadError: no such file to
> load -- tk", so I think I may be out of luck.

I've just switched to my Windows box and tried to install Ruby + Tk.

Like you, I've found out that Ruby (of RubyInstaller) doesn't come with
some ruby files necessary to talk with Tk. E.g., it should have a file
C:\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tk.rb (and some more, including a DLL) but it
doesn't have them.

It seems like a change in recent RubyInstallers, because I remember
easily installing Ruby+Tk on Windows in the past.

I'll try to investigate this.

Hidetoshi NAGAI, are you there? Do you know anything about this?