On 02/15/2010 05:50 PM, Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n wrote:
> 2010/2/15 Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n <jgabrielygalan / gmail.com>:
>> I think it might be because the parallel assigment creates an array
>> under the hood?

However it is done technically, parallel assignment needs more space=20
because it has to evaluate *all* right hand sides before doing any=20
assignments.  Otherwise swapping would not be possible

a, b =3D b, a

So, yes, it's likely an Array under the hood but even if not the=20
parallel assignment of two variables needs to store two object=20
references while sequential assignments of an arbitrary number of=20
elements gets away with space for a single reference (if you need it at=20
all).

Kind regards

	robert

--=20