Heya fellas. I've coded C, Java and perl for a while now, but I'm
completely new to Ruby (started off today ;) ), and I have an error
that's bugging me. Basically, the script is intented to calculate the
radices of an equation using the Baskara method.

 Ive tried working with Float() conversions, and that hasn't given me
the right results either. The code is as follows:

[code]
def resolveBaskara(a, b = 1, c = 1)

  if a == 0
    puts "Not a second degree equation.\n\n"
    return
  end

  delta = x_1 = x_2 = 0

  delta = Float((b ** 2) - (4 * a * c))

  if delta < 0
    puts "Negative Delta.\n\n"
    return
  end

  x_1 = Float((-1 * b + delta ** 1/2)/2 * a)

  if delta == 0
    x_2 = x_1
  else
    x_2 = Float((-1 * b - delta ** 1/2)/2 * a)
  end

  return x_1,x_2
end

print "Give a value for A: "
A = gets.chomp
print "Give a value for B: "
B = gets.chomp
print "Give a value for C: "
C = gets.chomp

x1,x2 = resolveBaskara(A.to_f,B.to_f,C.to_f)

  if x1 != nil
    puts "Raizes: \n\tX1: #{x1}"
  end
  if x2 != nil
    puts "\n\tX2: #{x2}"
  end
[/code]

 Again, I'm new to this, so forgive any silly mistakes / bad practices.
I'll learn it when I learn it.