On Feb 15, 4:24=A0am, Caleb Clausen <vikk... / gmail.com> wrote:

> When people say things like this, it makes me think there ought to be
> a way to do it by using RubyMacros. So, I tried to rewrite Tom/Brian's
> code as macros... I think I can get rid of the need to call extend or
> use method_missing/proxies. But I had to use a feature of RubyMacros
> that I haven't invented yet (motivation!) and I may be missing the
> point (esp as I didn't watch the movie). Since I don't know if it
> would even work, I'm reluctant to post the example I came up with,,,
> but if anyone really wants to see it, I will.

Personally I think Mr. Mittag is overstating the issue. I haven't seen
anything yet to indicate that DCI is beyond implementation in regular
Ruby. But then maybe I am misunderstanding some key elements --I would
love to know. In any case, feel free to show us your code, even if it
is just an exercise in what can be done with RubyMacros.