On Feb 13, 2010, at Feb 13,11:23 AM , Ed Howland wrote:

> How closely does the env-js gem follow the docs for the Rhino based
> project?

Uh ... moderately? I didn't purposefully break anything and I run all =
the (old) tests. But our old test coverage wasn't so hot (a big focus =
area right now), so things may have gotten broken inadvertently.

> For instance: window.location=3D"some.html" that has a script
> tag that loads jquery.js, seems to be loading that external file. The
> server logs a GET for it anyhow, and it seems to be live within
> evaluates.
>=20
> But the docs say you must explicity load them.

Ah, right. I've been a bit fast and loose about that. The default in the =
gem is to allow javascript to be loaded, which is not the default on the =
main branch. This needs to be reconciled. I'll probably switch back to =
making it not be a default, but I imagine adding support for an .envjsrc =
file so that I can set default options on a per-project basis rather =
than in every file loaded.

There may be other differences in this area, too. I need env.js to =
function pretty much as a browser and if I recall, there are cases where =
the master fork didn't allow certain combinations of local/remote/etc. =
Again, all planned to be reconciled, but currently the master fork is =
undergoing a lot of rework, so that's on hold.

Follow-ups might be better to http://groups.google.com/group/envjs?=