On Feb 12, 2010, at 13:50 , Xeno Campanoli wrote:

> I have an initialize method I want to run at the end of any daughter =
or granddaughter 'initialize' to make sure the state has been created =
properly, and I would rather specify the execution from the base class =
itself than count on those descendents to do it.

The most correct way to do it is to have all subclasses properly use =
super at the end of their initialize bodies:

class Subclass < Superclass
  def initialize
    # ... stuff
    super

There are "fancier" ways (read: overly clever), but doing it this way is =
cleaner, faster, and easier to debug / maintain.