Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-02-11, Josh Cheek <josh.cheek / gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I think there may be a case for tutorials for newbies by newbies,
>
> The problem is that the newbies will often figure things out
> *incorrectly*,
> leading to tutorials that teach people bad habits, or superstitions, or
> whatever.

There's one point people here missed:

He said we was going to *write* a tutorial. This doesn't necessarily
mean that he was going to *publish* it.

Many people enjoy writing articles. To increase his motivation when
learning a subject, such a person accompanies his studying with writing
an essay or tutorial or something. This purposeful writing does
something to their mind. It makes them feel good.

I myself have written several "micro" tutorials on various subjects,
while learning. I've never published them because once I finished
studying the subject these tutorials have served their purpose (and they
never were polished enough for public consumption). I actually know in
advance my "tutorials" aren't good enough and won't "see the light of
day", but this writing is part of the experience. Every means is
legitimate.