John Ydil wrote:

> File.foreach("/etc/raddb/users").each_slice 4 do |name, ip, dump, table|
>         puts name.strip!
>         puts ip.strip!
>         puts table.strip!
> end
>
> here is the file /etc/raddb/users
>
> login Auth-Type :=Local, User-Password == "bonjour"
>         Framed-IP-Address = ipaddress,
>         Fall-Through = No
>         # table 254
>

> Here is the error :
> ./test.rb:12:in `foreach': no block given (LocalJumpError)
>         from ./test.rb:12
>
> I wonder if it's due to the difference between the 2 versions, Do you
> have an idea ?

Well, for this one, a quick look at the documentation will give you the
answer:
http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/IO.html#M002243

"foreach" expects a block. So you can't really do "each slice" on
"foreach" since you should do "foreach" on ... er ... each line in the
file.
Probably you'll do the foreach, and a slice on that line within the code
block instead.