On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:02:05 -0500
Charlie Ca <artemisc360 / gmail.com> wrote:

> Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> > If you need to ask the mailing list a question like this, then you are=
=20
> > not ready to be writing Ruby tutorials.  Sorry, but that's the way it=20
> > is.
> > Best,
> > --=A0
> > Marnen Laibow-Koser
> > http://www.marnen.org
> > marnen / marnen.org
>=20
> Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I should stick to 'Hello World'
> programs.
> --=20
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>=20

Well no, don't just "stick to 'Hello World'" programs. What Marnen means is=
 that if you are trying to actually create a tutorial for others to learn R=
uby from, it would be a good idea to wait until you know the language much =
more intimately. That way, you won't risk providing incorrect information, =
or just bad practices in your tutorial.=20

In the mean time, to actually get to that level of competence in using Ruby=
 and programming in general, do write programs, as many as you can. just no=
t tutorials for Ruby just yet. ;)

No reason to get discouraged, you're a beginner now. You just have to spend=
 some time learning yourself before you can teach others. Instead of "Hello=
 World" programs, you should write little useful utilities, or games, or wh=
atever interests you, moving up towards more difficult parts of Ruby until =
you have a good understanding of how to program. Also, read other people's =
code, you'll learn a lot that way.=20

--=20
Ehsanul Hoque <ehsanul_g3 / hotmail.com>