Hi,

I am new to ruby and I want to write code which makes shared memory and
writes to it.Similar to the C code here:

void main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   HANDLE mappedFile = 0;
   int oneSecond  = 1000;
   char* shared = NULL;
   HANDLE eventHnd;

   eventHnd = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, "TestSharedEvent");

   // STEP 1
   mappedFile = CreateFileMapping(INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, NULL,
                  PAGE_READWRITE, 0, 4096, "TestSharedMemory");
   printf("CreateFileMapping returned %d\n", mappedFile);
   fflush(NULL);

   // STEP 2
   shared = (char*)MapViewOfFile(mappedFile, FILE_MAP_WRITE, 0, 0, 0);
   printf("MapViewOfFile returned %p\n", shared);
   fflush(NULL);

   memset(shared, 0, 4096);
   printf("memset worked\n");
   fflush(NULL);

   int counter = 0;
   while (1)
   {
      sprintf(shared, "value %d", counter++);
      printf("Sending new string: %s\n", shared);
      SetEvent(eventHnd);
      // STEP 5
      //Sleep(1000);
   }