Schala Zeal wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a site with reliable documentation covering
> the C embed API? The one on ruby-lang.org is near useless as it was
> simply generated without commentary. I could have sworn there was
> another site with documentation that explained the stuff and not just
> display the declarations. I forgot which site that was and I forgot what
> terms I put in Google to find it.

The word 'reliable' is a bit problematic in this case, no docs I found
so far are something I would like to call that. I had a hard time to
figuring the stuff out to embed ruby into my window manager
(http://subtle.subforge.org).

During the time I learned a lot from following urls:

http://www.eqqon.com/index.php/Ruby/Ruby_V1.9_C_Extension
http://metaeditor.sourceforge.net/embed/
http://banisterfiend.wordpress.com/

I started to write down common pitfalls with embedding ruby today
(http://subforge.org/blogs) and will also help if you have any questions
I can answer.