Albert Schlef wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>> Turning back to your original example: it looks like what you really
>> want is to do "require 'ui'"
>
> I don't think it's safe to do "require 'ui'". Some other library may a
> have a file by the same name and Ruby may load it instead of ours.
>
> So one should do "require 'mylibrary/ui'" instead.

I use private namespaces for my own libraries.  The provided examples
were simply put, examples.  It's good to showcase what is proper though,
and I'm sure someone else that may read this down the road will find it
useful.

With GUI programs, especially those that may be unpacked in a temp
directory, I only use absolute paths pertaining to the unpacked files.
For all other files I use Dir.getwd which provides the current working
directory.

Thanks.