On Feb 4, 2:51   򮮮
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 01:43:19AM +0900, Intransition wrote:
> > Looking for Rubyist's recommendations for free open-source Subversion
> > hosting now that Rubyforge is being (albeit ever so slowly) phased
> > out.
>
> > I host most of my work on Github and I am very happy with it (even
> > though I find using git itself a bit like working in a 1970s CS
> > lab ;). But I have a number of scrap projects, code snippets,
> > explorations, and so on, that I want to keep in a repo, something more
> > suitable to Subversion b/c it handles sub-projects well.
>
> > I tried Google Projects and was quickly disappointed by the
> > limitations on source code browsing (it stops working if you have "too
> > many" files). The interface also feels a bit clunky (IMO). But the
> > repo was fast.
>
> > At the moment I am back to Sourceforge.org. Unfortunately it is VERY
> > SLOW. It also feels very outdated, hard to navigate, feature bloat,
> > etc.
>
> > Wondering if there are better options out there that others could
> > recommend.
>
> http://beanstalkapp.comhas a free option and I've heard they are good. > No personal experience though.
> also has a free subversion hosting option.

Beanstalk does look like one of the better systems --even though their
free plan is a bit small compared to some others.

http://www.codespaces.com/ also looks pretty good too, btw.

Of all the options I checked out I can't say any of them really popped
out as "the clear choice for hosting an open source project". I'm
probably wrong but until more info comes my way, or I have the time to
digg in deeper, I've decided to just hold out at SoureForge.

If anyone has any first hand knowledge of these providers, looks like
it's a subject ripe for blogging.

Thanks.