On Feb 4, 9:41    쮮
> Hi all,
> I am a linux user . Just I am interested to install ruby-serial gem
> on windows
> machine . But I can't do it . Anybody can help to resolve this .
>
> when I am doing following ,
>  º      >
> nmake is not regognized as a internal or external command .I
> refered in internet to install nmake windows . Some document says I have
> to install microsoft
> visual C++ compiler . I have installed borland C++ compiler it has been
> working
> correctly .
>
> How can I install rmake on windows also ruby-serialport ?

You need a Ruby installation capable of compile extensions, since
SerialPort needs a C extension.

Please take a look to RubyInstaller and the Development Kit:

http://rubyinstaller.org/

http://wiki.github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/development-kit

I can't comment more on details about the status of the gem working on
Windows, but you can search our mailing list about it:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller

--
Luis Lavena