RN> Hello,

RN> I have two questions.

>> class RalphMod < Hash
>>  def []=(index, value)
>>    p index
>>    p value
>>    if index == 'PATH_INFO' and value == '/undefined'
>>      puts 'found it!'
>>    end
>>    super index, value

RN> what's the "super" here? is it coming from which object?

What it means is "pretend you are calling the enclosing parent class's method of the same name with these arguments." Well, that's my informal way of putting it.

The Pickaxe book puts it more formally:
Within the body of a method, a call to super acts just like a call to that original method, except that the search for a method body starts in the superclass of the object that was found to contain the original method.

- - - -

Not in direct answer to your question but as an aside ...

I think I could replace
	super index, value
with
	super
since the function takes the same arguments