Alpha Blue wrote:
> Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
>> Monkeybars uses Rawr and JRuby to do exactly what you're talking about.
>>

> Thanks Marnen, I did try out monkeybars but I didn't like the library.

What about Rawr without Monkeybars, then?

(And BTW, let me assure you that Monkeybars is a joy to work with.
Almost as nice as Rails.)

> I have become very familiar with WxRuby now and have dug deep into the
> API.  I'm going to stick with WxRuby and hopefully either crate comes up
> to speed, or I'll use ocra for windows packaging (which now works for
> me) and come up with alternative packaging for other OS's.

There's really no good way except for JRuby, as far as I can tell.
You're kind of putting effort into a dead end IMHO.

> My last issue has to do with lack of obfuscation, which I only want to
> apply to my source code and not to the ruby libraries that are packaged
> with my code.  I may have to create an obfuscator myself, but that's a
> long and tedious process.

JRuby can help with this too -- particularly with Rawr, which complies
your Ruby files into Java class files.  Otherwise, don't bother.
Obfuscation is risky and almost never worth it.

> Thanks again.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser