--000e0cd1383efa978e047e815116

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM, James Britt <james.britt / gmail.com> wrote:

> If I'm using something as a gem then *I already have* rubygems loaded, and
> if I'm not using your code with rubygems (say I've unpacked a gem) then I
> likely *do not* want rubygems loaded, and if there is a loading error it
> needs bubble up, not be quietly caught and "fixed."

That makes sense. So what if I am making some code to use, for myself, but
putting it out for other people to use (namely classmates, who don't know
Ruby), but it isn't a gem.

In this case, since it is not intended to be used as a resource by some
other code, is it acceptable to require rubygems, to make it more autonomous
for the people who are likely to use it (via rake tasks)?

--000e0cd1383efa978e047e815116--