On Jan 30, 12:05   ﱮ
wrote:
> Fair enough.
> I really haven't heard of any.      > now it's part of 1.9.     > Google doesn't really turf up anything definitive (maybe using the term
> 'rubygems alternatives' was too vague).

I have had only one occasion where I had to require 'rubygems': An old
version of RDoc is included with my Ruby install, in order to force it
to pick up the new version of RDoc, installed via RubyGems, I have to
load rubygems first.

As for other managers. There is Rip (http://hellorip.com/), and there
is also Roll (http://github.com/proutils/roll). Roll is my project and
I use it at all times, but there are still a few features I need to
finish before I bill it for public consumption, so I don't oft talk
about it yet.