On Jan 30, 12:05=A0pm, Joe Wangkauf <tmo1... / invalid.gmail.domain.com>
wrote:
> Fair enough. =A0However this implies that there are other managers. =A0Bu=
> I really haven't heard of any. =A0Seems like everyone uses Rubygems, and
> now it's part of 1.9. =A0So, if there are other managers, what are they?
> Google doesn't really turf up anything definitive (maybe using the term
> 'rubygems alternatives' was too vague).

I have had only one occasion where I had to require 'rubygems': An old
version of RDoc is included with my Ruby install, in order to force it
to pick up the new version of RDoc, installed via RubyGems, I have to
load rubygems first.

As for other managers. There is Rip (http://hellorip.com/), and there
is also Roll (http://github.com/proutils/roll). Roll is my project and
I use it at all times, but there are still a few features I need to
finish before I bill it for public consumption, so I don't oft talk
about it yet.