Hello,

I am very new to Ruby, as in about 1 week new.  General Ruby programming
is going well.  However, I am having trouble accessing functions in
non-Windows DLL's.  We have custom DLL's used to talk to test equipment.
These DLL's are created in C using Visual C++.  They work fine with the
original C program.  I'm want to use Ruby scripts that access these
DLL's.  The documentation gives examples of accessing Windows libraries,
which worked for me.  But my stuff is giving me the "`initialize':
GetProcAddress:" error.  I also created a very basic DLL which just
prints "Hello World" and had the same Ruby error.

Is there a pointer to some documentation/code examples I can read?  Or
can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using Ruby 1.8.6 on Windows XP and Cygwin bash shell.

Thanks,

  Rich