Luis Lavena wrote:

> That means you installed "-java" version of the gem in MRI.

On my machine, the gem path for both ruby and jruby are the same. So,
whether or not I use the gem command or jruby -S gem to install gems,
they both get installed to the same directory.

> Using normal gem installation process, that gem will not be installed.
> Depending on "do_sqlite3" will resolve to the appropriate platform
> version.

So what happens if a user installs my application's gem using "jruby -S
gem install", which will install the "-java" version of do_sqlite3, but
they already have another normal ruby application that depends on
do_sqlite3 as well? Won't they incur the same problem I'm having here
since gems installed by both ruby and jruby are stored in the same
directory?

> You should remove java version from your Ruby installation and try
> packaging your gem with the do_sqlite3 dependency.

I don't currently have my application packaged up as a gem yet, but I
get your point here.

> Then a normal gem installation will trigger the dependency and the
> proper platform depending on the Ruby interpreter used by the user (or
> you)

Right, which could still lead to the problem I'm currently having, as
described above.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help!!!