On Jan 27, 9:43   䮮
> Hello all,
>
> I'm writing a program that may or may not require to be run in JRuby,
> depending on the interface wanted by the user. A couple of the gems I'm
> using in the project have different versions based on whether JRuby is
> used. One example is the SQLite3 library for DataObjects (do_sqlite3). I
> installed the gem using Ruby via 'gem install do_sqlite3' and using
> JRuby via 'jruby -S gem install do_sqlite3'. This resulted in two gems
> actually being installed:
>
> do_sqlite3-0.10.1.1-java
> do_sqlite3-0.10.1.1
>
> The only difference between the two gems is do_sqlite3.so vs
> do_sqlite3.jar.
>
> When I run my program via Ruby it still tries to use the
> do_sqlite3-0.10.1.1-java gem (I assume because it comes first on the
> file system). I had assumed that rubygems would only load the -java
> versions of gems when the RUBY_PLATFORM was java, but I guess that's not
> the case. Is it possible for me to force the non-java version of the gem
> to be used when the RUBY_PLATFORM is not java?

That means you installed "-java" version of the gem in MRI.

Using normal gem installation process, that gem will not be installed.
Depending on "do_sqlite3" will resolve to the appropriate platform
version.

You should remove java version from your Ruby installation and try
packaging your gem with the do_sqlite3 dependency.

Then a normal gem installation will trigger the dependency and the
proper platform depending on the Ruby interpreter used by the user (or
you)

--
Luis Lavena