> I would like to know what GUI interfaces (for MS-Windows) is the best to
use
> with Ruby.
>
> 1. Speed (repainting, tabbing etc)
> 2. "Looks and Feels" like windows.
>
>  IMO, when developing on the MS platform, the application should conform
> the standards set by Microsoft as operators are continually using MS
> products (Word, Execl) and will find it difficult/frustrating to switch
> between different ways/methods of performing tasks.

As much as I'd like to recommend FXRuby, if you are absolutely committed to
the Windows platform and want to use the native Win32 widgets, you should
probably start out looking at the VRuby package. Look in the Ruby
Application Archive for a link. The primary drawbacks (the last time I
looked at it) were (1) that it's for Windows only, and (2) you needed a good
Win32 API reference to be able to do much with it.

Now, on the other hand, if you'd like a GUI with a "Windows-inspired"
look-and-feel, but which is cross-platform and perhaps easier to use, you
might also check out FXRuby:

    http://fxruby.sourceforge.net

If you're using the Pragmatic Programmers' Ruby installer for Windows, you
should already have access to FXRuby. Try running some of the samples in the
C:\ruby\samples\FXRuby directory.