On Jan 25, 2010, at 15:58 , John Barnette wrote:

> Or perhaps a gem that, given, a MIDI file with a melody in it,
> generates the source for ANOTHER gem that'll sing the melody. Ready,
> go! First person to write this gets bought drinks by at least two
> members of Seattle.rb at the next RubyConf.

The original idea that I got this from was an article in Communications =
of the ACM called "Siren Songs" (iirc). The idea was more along the =
lines of "Peter and the Wolf" where each thread (or process, or AST node =
type, or or) has its own musical theme. That way you can start using ear =
to differentiate who's doing what. You can then end up debugging just by =
listening and using our pattern matching skills to notice that something =
went divergent. You can even tell WHAT went divergent by using themed =
music.

I think it is a great idea. Something pretty easy to do with ruby_parser =
+ ruby2ruby + some actual midi skills. In case you can't tell, I'm good =
with the first two, and suck on the last one. :)