> The new version 0.4.2 of Win32OLE has WIN32OLE.bind method.
> (I'll release this new version today.)
>
> You can get WIN32OLE object from moniker.
>
>   require 'win32ole'
>   ldap = WIN32OLE.bind('LDAP:')

Excellent. I'll try to eek out some time today to check it out.

> To tell the truth, I am not familiar with LDAP, so I'm not sure
> this method is what you want.
> I'm happy to get any comment about this method.

LDAP is just one of the things this could be used for. There's an IIS
moniker for connecting to it, a WinNT moniker for connecting to COM objects
for managing users, computers, etc. and at least one other that I can't
think of right now.

So it doesn't really matter what you're binding to, same as it doesn't
matter if you know anything about the ProgID passed into the .new or
.connect methods.

Would it be possible to put this functionality into the connect method
instead of having a separate bind call?

Chris