Recently I've been trying out various window managers on my Mac and, by the
time I got an XFree setup that I was happy with, I had so much cruft in my
system that I decided it would be easier to reinstall it than to clean it
up. So I did that and trashed Ruby in the process. No big deal, thinks I.
The tarball is on my other disk where I keep /Users. So I reinstalled it.

Well today I noticed that 'man ruby' doesn't work and going back to where I
untarred the 1.6.7 tarball, I can't see any man files. The Makefile doesn't
mention them either. Was a decision made to drop the man files for Ruby?
--
In the midst of great joy, do not promise anyone anything. In the midst of
great anger, do not answer anyone's letter. -Chinese proverb