On 2010-01-20, Adam Akhtar <adamtemporary / gmail.com> wrote:
> This creation and deletion code will be spread around my project and not
> just one place which makes it more prone to errors.

So write a standard tool and use it from everywhere.

> Am i just being paranoid or do you black belt ruby developers have a few
> tricks to guard yourself from this hazzard?

One thing would be to sanity check that the directories in question are in
a particular area that you think you have the right to create and delete
files in.

Another would be to run on a system with a decent security model as an
unprivileged user.  :)

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net