I'm looking for a way to make sure an object being passed is in some class
family, or to say it otherwise, inherits some specific class, but not
necessarily directly.  In fact, it could be a great-great-grandparent class, and
that would be okay, and needs to be okay.  Is there something where I can take
an object and go

unless object.inherits?(MyClass)
	raise SyntaxError, "etc."
end

?????

Sorry, but could not find this in my pickaxe book.
--
Harping Statements about Harry Reid's Comments make profusely corrupt and racist
staff at Fox News feel somehow a little less evil looking than they in fact are.